The centre deals in the development of knowledge and procedures applicable in proposing machinery and equipment for the processing industry, i.e. mainly for the machine-tools, glass, jewellery, printing, assembly, textile and single-purpose machinery, for example, for the automotive industry.
The implemented development ACTIVITIES ARE FOCUSED ON solving the key technical and technological aspects that are limiting further development of machinery and equipment:
- INCREASING PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTION PARAMETERS
- REDUCTION OF ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- Growing demands of the active and passive SAFETY OF OPERATION, RELIABILITY AND SERVICE LIFE
- ECOLOGICAL AND ERGONOMIC ASPECTS (reduction of noise, operator comfort)
- CONNECTIVITY AND INTEGRABILITY of particular machines and equipment into the production lines and units (sophisticated control systems),
- AUTOMATION of manufacturing processes
- SHORTENING OF INNOVATION CYCLES AND OPTIMIZATION OF COSTS
In order to solve successfully the key issues, the Centre is engaged in the development of theories of designing the machinery and equipment, applications of new materials and mechatronic systems, development of methods and equipment for measuring technical and operational parameters of the machinery and equipment, designs and manufacture of functional models and prototypes, as well as the verification of their parameters.